VNA Health Group is a premiere Medicare/Medicaid-certified provider of home health, hospice, and community-based services. We’ve been serving families and individuals with the most advanced and comprehensive clinical home care in NJ since 1912.
This position will be a VNA Health Group Employee Assigned to
Healthy Greater Newark Healthcare Coalition
About Healthy Greater Newark Healthcare Coalition (GNHCC): GNHCC works to create health equity for residents of the Greater Newark region by improving health care access and quality and by fostering partnerships to improve health and well-being. Chief strategies include (1) engaging in health policy planning and advocacy through data collection, analysis and dissemination, best practice research, and public education and (2) collaborating to develop initiatives aimed at identifying and eliminating health disparities and other barriers that lead to poor health outcomes.
Position Summary: The CHW Supervisor is responsible for managing a team of two (2) Community Health Workers (CHWs) as part of the Healthy Women, Families grant in Essex County NJ with a focus on the cities of Newark, East Orange and Irvington for women of child-bearning ages (15-44 y.o.) to overcome social and health-related barriers with the ultimate goal of promoting healthy pregnancies, maternal and infant health. CHWs connect at-risk preconception, prenata and post-partum/interconception women with health insurance, health care, reproductive health services and support servics, including but not limited to, home visiting services.
1. Supports organization’s mission by striving for excellence in all aspects of their job with a focus on positive
interpersonal relationship with co-workers
2. Work collaboratively with the Healthy Greater Newark-Accountable Care Organization’s (HGN-ACO) Population
Health Initiatives/Health Information Exchange (HIE) Program Manager to identify a cohort of women of child
bearing age (15-44 y.o.) who have uncontrolled chronic conditions
3. Plan and coordinate outreach in targeted areas of low-income women of childbearing age in Essex County, with
focus on cities of Newark, Irvington and East Orange
4. Supervise individual and family assessments, assess training needs and provide health education, home visiting,
and service coordination performed by CHWs
5. Establishes a network with the community agencies and resources that may benefit women and their families
6. Prepares documentation and maintains records in accordance with program guidelines
7. Adheres to agency infection control and safety policies
8. Adheres to the organization’s policy in regards to absenteeism and appearance
Job Competencies & Minimum Qualifications:
1. Registered Nurse with Bachelor’s degree required, MSN preferred
2. 3-5 years leadership experience with non-profit or community based organizations preferred; experience working
with women and low-income populations is a plus
3. Clinical expertise required with emphasis on community health, case management and care coordination
4. Familiarity with the geographic area and the population to be served including high needs Medicaid eligible
populations and uninsured women;
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
7. Ability to work flexible hours, including some occasional evening and weekend hours
8. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
Working Conditions/Physical Demand: Various community settings including some home visits in Essex County; able to
drive a car; use a laptop, cell phone, other office machines such as fax, copy, and scanner.