VNA Health Group is a premiere Medicare/Medicaid-certified provider of home health, hospice, and community-based services. We’ve been serving families and individuals with the most advanced and comprehensive clinical home care in NJ since 1912.
This position will be a VNA Health Group Employee Assigned to
Healthy Greater Newark Healthcare Coalition
About Healthy Greater Newark Healthcare Coalition (GNHCC): GNHCC works to create health equity for residents of the Greater Newark region by improving health care access and quality and by fostering partnerships to improve health and well-being. Chief strategies include (1) engaging in health policy planning and advocacy through data collection, analysis and dissemination, best practice research, and public education and (2) collaborating to develop initiatives aimed at identifying and eliminating health disparities and other barriers that lead to poor health outcomes.
Position Summary: Responsible for providing outreach and case management as part of the Healthy Women, Healthy Families grant in Essex County with a focus on the cities of Newark, East Orange and Irvington for women of child-bearing age (15-44 y.o.) to overcome social and health-related barriers with the ultimate goal of promoting healthy pregnancies, maternal and infant health. CHWs connect at-risk preconception, prenatal and post-partum/interconception women with health insurance,
health care, reproductive health services and support services, including but not limited to, home visiting services.
1. Supports organization’s mission by striving for excellence in all aspects of their job with a focus on positive
interpersonal relationship with co-workers
2. Conducts outreach and education activities in targeted areas of low-income women of childbearing age in Essex
County, with focus on cities of Newark, Irvington and East Orange
3. Provides case management for participants requiring additional support and resources
4. Establishes a network with the community agencies and resources that may benefit women and their families
5. Prepares documentation and maintains records in accordance with program guidelines
6. Adheres to agency infection control and safety policies
7. Adheres to the organization’s policy in regards to absenteeism and appearance
Job Competencies & Minimum Qualifications:
1. Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree preferred or a combination of education and experience
2. 1-3 years of community health experience preferred; experience working with women’s health a plus
3. Familiarity with the geographic area and the population to be served including high needs Medicaid eligible
populations and uninsured women
4. Knowledge of resources and community-based organizations in the Newark and Greater Newark areas
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
7. Ability to work flexible hours, including some occasional evening and weekend hours
8. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
Working Conditions/Physical Demand: Various community settings including some home visits in Essex County; able to
drive a car; use a laptop, cell phone, other office machines such as fax, copy, and scanner.