- High School diploma/GED, Associates or Bachelor Degree in health education or social work preferred
- Bilingual – English/Spanish, preferred
- 2-3 years of community outreach experience
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of health insurance programs, coverage, and payment plans including Medicare, managed Medicaid programs, and Market Place Exchange preferred
- Knowledge of community health centers, health and human services as well as immigration-related services preferred
- Complete NJ Department of Health Community Health Worker Training or equivalent in first 6 months of employment.
- Perform under the pressure of patients and health center staff in order to meet deadlines.
- Current and valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and registered vehicle.
- Exposure to weather and temperature extremes.
Working Conditions/Physical Demand: Working indoors with telephone, copier, fax machine, computer, printer, centrifuge, electric exam table, glucometer, nebulizer, needles/syringes, oxygen equipment, personal automobile, scales, sphygmomanometer, stethoscope, thermometer, venipuncture equipment, wheelchair.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.