Bilingual Community Health Worker
VNA Health Group is a premiere Medicare/Medicaid-certified provider of home health, hospice, and community-based and public health services. We’ve been serving families and individuals with the most advanced, comprehensive clinical home care in NJ since 1912.
We are currently looking for a Per-Diem Bilingual Community Health Worker to join our Children and Family Health Institutue (CFHI) team.
Responsible for providing community-based Covid19 vaccine/testing information, education, and outreach to members of the target populations in Monmouth, Ocean and Middlesex Counties.
1. Supports organization’s mission by striving for excellence in all aspects of their job with a focus on
positive interpersonal relationship with co-workers.
2. Case finding and community outreach to bring out-of-care individuals, families, clients or individuals,
families, clients who have never accessed care into services.
3. Addresses gaps in care of clients – effectively work with individuals from diverse backgrounds in
reducing cultural and socioeconomic barriers between clients and health providers
4. Conducts tailored outreach activities in targeted areas to match client needs: contacts includes
churches and other civic, community groups; distributes posters, flyers and brochures; and conducts
one-on-one education at every opportunity or encounter
5. Establishes a network of trust within the community’s residents in order to offer needed resources
6. Tracks client outcomes and provides information to authorized personnel as requested, using
designated electronic devices and software tools
7. Adheres to agency infection control and safety policies
8. Adheres to the organization’s policy in regards to absenteeism and appearance.
Job Competencies & Minimum Qualifications:
1. High School diploma/GED equivalency required
2. Knowledge of cultural and lifestyle diversity issues
3. Valid N.J. driver’s license and reliable transportation
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
5. Strong Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; Strong organizational and
6. Minimum one year of community involvement and/or working with clients from a diverse population,
or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
7. Demonstrates proficient use of computers, including Microsoft Office Suite; excellent verbal and
written communication skills with focus on quality customer service
8. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Demand: Working outdoors and indoors with phone, computer and medical equipment